Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cash Back

Bill paying day. Have to celebrate those months when everything is paid and there's no red ink.

I know a lot of experts advise against using credit cards too much, but for years we have used them for almost everything - including phone, electric, gas, car registration. I pay the credit cards online and all of our utility bills are taken care of. I figure I save at least $10 a month in postage and checks, and the bills are never late because they are automatic. Plus, we end up with over $100 each year in cash back from our card. That's nice extra cash.

My son uses a card that gives points instead of cash back. Last month he was headed to an out of town wedding and got rooms for his family and his inlaws with points. When they checked in the place was booked up so they upgraded them to two suites for the "price" of two rooms.
Two nights, two suites. . . $0.
Credit perks. . . priceless!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea....I need to do this!

    ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend who did that, and she just "deducted" what she spent from her checking account balance so she knew she would never spend more than she could pay off every month. Then she got the cash back reward. I always thought it was a bright idea.

    ReplyDelete