Thursday, October 1, 2009

How I got Here

I've always liked to write, and having just discovered a community of great and diverse ladies, I realized blogging could work for me!
A few years ago I was working with the public schools, my husband at a small college. Both teams were facing cuts and lay-offs, so within two years we each decided it was time to "retire" and focus on our small business. That allowed others with young families to keep their jobs while allowing us the freedom to grow our business even more while traveling, golfing, and being available to help family.
Neither of us was eligible for any retirement income yet, but that was just fine. Until our business plummeted! Since then we have found more and more ways to pinch pennies to make the small income and savings last until the retirement funds are available.
At first the frugality was a pain as I shouted "It wasn't supposed to be this way!" Then I realized I have no idea how it was "supposed" to be; this just wasn't how I expected things to be. Now I am embracing the penny pinching as a challenging game that I will win! Welcome to fellow penny-pinchers. Please share your favorite money saving tips!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your ideas...

    I am following your blog now...

    ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete