Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankfulness

I was asked today by GrammieMommy http://grammiemommy.blogspot.com/ what I am thankful for. I realize I don't spend enough time with that.

I worry because we have very little income, but I should focus on being thankful that we have a roof overhead and a dinner on the table in front of us.

I still feel sad that I lost three babies and one grandbaby to early miscarriage. I need to remember that I have three grown kids and their three spouses and 5.8 grandchildren who are healthy and close enough that I get to be with them. They bring me such joy. I am very thankful that I have never had to watch a child really suffer, have never had to plan a funeral or memorial.

I continue to mourn the loss of my mother after 17 years. I lost her too young. I am very thankful that I had her for 40 years. And I am thankful that she was healthy and happy to her very last moment of life.

Like most people, I complain about my husband who does not listen, forgets if he does hear, and sometimes isn't interested. He can be rude, crude, and male. I am thankful that 39 years ago I met him, I am thankful that we made it through midlife crisis, I am thankful that he is in good health, and I am thankful that we still make each other laugh.

I am thankful for so many things, and I am glad that my recent introduction to an online community has helped - even forced - me to remember that. Thanks for the reminder, OHiH

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you had a little bit of time to remember what you're thankful for. Sometimes, we're so busy trying to get through our day that we just forget the good things. I need reminders myself every now and then.
    Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete